jackrussellworld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Affiliate links may be used on this page and in jackrussellworld.co.uk articles, but they do not impact on the price that you pay.
A Jack Russell collar is one of the most important dog essentials that you will buy as it is a legal requirement in UK. A collar will identify your dog, be used to attach the lead for training and also be used for grabbing your dog if he escapes! There are many different styles and materials that you can get a collar in. Some people even like to have more than one collar and they also serve as fashion accessories as well as for practical use! We have been looking for the best collars for Jack Russells on the internet and here’s what we’ve found.
It’s important to measure your dogs neck with a tape measure when choosing a collar. As a general rule, a collar needs to fit snugly on your dog. It should be tight enough to not slip over the dogs head, but loose enough get two fingers down in between it.
A medium leather or nylon collar around 1 inch in thickness will be perfect for a Jack Russell. Avoid chain collars and collars for special breeds such as Greyhound and Staffy collars which would be too thick. It’s important to choose a Jack Russell Collar with a metal attachment loop which is much more sturdy than plastic ones which may break.
Leather Jack Russell Collar
The next thing to consider is what material to choose. We usually go for a leather collar for our Jack Russells. We find them hard wearing and breathable. A sturdy and well made dog collar is unlikely to suffer as much wear and tear as a fabric one and can last a Jack Russell his whole life.
- Age range description: All Life Stages
Nylon Jack Russell Collars
Material collars are comfortable and secure. They have the added advantage of being available in different colours. We love this Halti collar. It’s available in red, purple, black and blue and it has a reflective strip for added visibility on dark nights.
- The HALTI Collar incorporates a colorful two-tone design with a strong webbing outer and a soft yet durable easy-clean neoprene lining, ensuring comfort for the dog
- Reflective 3M Scotchlite strip for walking visibility in all conditions
- High grade nylon webbing for strength and durability with a hard-wearing metal 'D' ring for essential name and microchip tags
Kismaple Adjustable Pet Soft Comfy 3M Reflective Dog Collar
This Kismaple Adjustable Pet Soft Comfy 3M Reflective Dog Collar is made from breathable and reflective mesh. It has a zinc-alloy O ring to attach the lead to.
- Our dog collar included a soft finest nylon to protect the neck of your dog, maximising comfort whilst reducing irritation.
- The dog collars Made from high quality and durable Nylon and Neoprene materials can use long time
- Padded Soft Breathable Mesh Dog Collar with Adjustable Durable & Convenient Buckle
Personalised Dog Collar
You can get collars with engraved nameplates so that you can personalise them. This avoids the need for a tag. We love this Personalized Reflective Dog Collars with Engraved Bronze Nameplate from Didog.
- LEGIBLE & WIDE REFLECTIVE STRAP - Made with safety and quick identification in mind, our durable and long-lasting dog ID collar features a whole reflective strap that is highly visible in dim or dark conditions and will keep you and your dog safer. The eye-catching collars have everything you need - safety, durability and customization.
- PERSONALIZED PREMIUM DOG COLLARS - Enough room is up to 4 lines for personalised Pet’s name/Address/Contact Number/Essential Medical Data/Loving Messages,etc within 60 effect characters for EASY & CLEAR READING. The engraving is Rust-Resistance & No-Blurred and will be stitched into pet collar permanently for strength and long-lasting durability.
- CLASSIC DESIGN & LIFGTWEIGHT - Custom ID collars made of soft microfiber outer with smooth touch and tapered edges looks like leather but easier to clean than leather dog collars. Soft padded neoprene inner gives dogs a breathable and comfortable wearing. Classic and stitching design can be widely used as a service dog collar,dog wedding collar and basic dog collars.
You might also like to order a name tag for your dogs collar. In the UK, legally a dog has to have a collar, ID tag (with owners address or contact details) and has to be microchipped. Blake has a bone shaped ID tag which looks lovely on his brown leather collar. You can buy a personalised dog tag on Amazon for less than £5
- Choose from 4 striking Colours: Black, Silver, Gold, and Champagne Gold!
- Uk stocked and usually Dispatched within 1 working day !
- Use the Gift Message option during checkout to send us your engraving information.
If you enjoyed this article on Jack Russell collars you might also like to read our article on: