jackrussellworld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Affiliate links may be used on this page and in jackrussellworld.co.uk articles, but they do not impact on the price that you pay.
A dog cooling mat is a mat for your dog to rest on especially in the summer months. It can be very hot in the summer, and like us, dogs want to stay cool too! This mat will allow your pooch to keep their cool by providing them with some shade and a comfy place to sit. They are also great at absorbing water coming from the ground or rain in order to make sure that your pup stays dry when they need it most. Protecting your pup from heat stroke will ensure they are safe during these hotter months.
Benefits of a Dog Cooling Mat
A dog cooling mat can be used for a variety of different things. Perhaps you are going on a summer vacation and need a way for your dog to stay cool while you are away. A dog cooling mat could be used as a comfortable place to relax while they can stay cool while they are waiting for you to return.
Dogs love being able to rest in the sun, and with their own mat to lay on, they will be happy to keep nice and cool all day long. If your pup is always sunbathing, or if they just love being lazy, a cool mat might be just the thing to make them feel more comfortable.
Many dog cooling mats are made from non-toxic gel that allows for self-regulating without the need for plugging into mains electricity and without the need for any water. It’s important to check that the gel used is not toxic especially if your dog is a dedicated chewer.
While some dogs are naturally cool and don’t mind laying in the sun, others can be extremely hot and uncomfortable. Also some surfaces get dangerously hot for dogs such as concrete, tarmac and artificial grass. This is why an entire line of dog cooling mats has been made for those dogs that need a little help to stay cool all summer long.
Another tip is to use the dog cooling mat to line the bottom of his/her crate during the summer. This is especially useful when you are travelling long journeys in a hot car.
Today we have researched some of the best dog cooling mats we have found to buy on Amazon.
Remember to Measure your Dog!
But before you purchase a dog cooling mat, make sure that you measure your dogs ‘sprawl’ which is body plus legs twice! This will help you to know that your dog can be comfortable on the mat when fully stretched out. If you are looking for a cooling mat to go in the bottom of your dogs crate remember to match up the measurements.
YGJT Pet Cooling Mat Medium 65x50cm
This Durable Pet Cool Mat contains Non-Toxic Gel to keep your pet cool. The medium is 65 x 50cm. It keeps dogs and cats 7 to 9 degrees immediately below the existing temperature (with no need for water or electricity!)
No products found.
Zellar Pet Cooling Mat
This Zellar pet cooling mat is available in 40 x 50cm and 50 x 90. This dog cooling pad will be cooler than the surroundings for up to 4-5 hours of constant use. It automatically recharges WITHOUT the need for electricity. The pad automatically recharges as your pet moves about. It is activated by weight or pressure and useable on both sides.
- ❄️【Safe for both pets and humans with non-toxic gel】Using pressure-activated gel technology to maintain heat exchange and conduction between body, air and pad. Zellar's dog cool mat absorbs body heat to prevent dehydration and overheating in hot weather, no water injection, freezing, or refrigeration is required.
- ❄️【Scratch-resistant & Anti-spill】Zellar's dog cooling mat is crafted from 0.45mm thickened icy polyester taffeta fabric that keeps pets cool and comfortable without irritating their skin. The edges feature high-temperature thermal laminating technology to prevent any leaks.
- ❄️【Easy to Clean & Store】Just sprinkle some water on the surface and wipe it down with a soft brush or sponge. Plus, Zellar pet cooling mat is foldable for easy storage and perfect for outdoor and car trips!
RSPCA Pet Cooling Mat
We love this RSPCA pet cooling mat because it’s an excellent cause – our current Jack Russell Patterdale cross Blake came from the RSPCA. This is a small cooling mat so suitable for dogs such as West Highland terriers, Jack Russell Terriers and Yorkshire terriers.
- Animals get overheated, too - especially during hot summers. Keep your beloved pet safe and comfortable in the hot weather during summer and spring seasons with this RSPCA Small Pet Cooling Mat.
- The non-toxic cooling mat can be used either on its own or as a topper for your dog’s or cat’s bed. The mat starts to work as soon as your dog or cat lies on it – the gel inside the mat is pressure activated.
- Measurements: 40x50cm.
Ellie-Bo Large Self Cooling Gel Mat For Dogs
This large dog cooling mat is 88 x 58cm and is perfect for larger breeds such as Labradors and Dalmations. It is designed to fit perfectly into an Ellie-Bo 36 inch large dog crate but can of course be used as a stand alone mat. It’s cool to the touch and self-charging (without electricity). The cooling mat is easily wipeable so no problem to keep clean!
- Large/880mm x 581mm designed to fit perfectly into an Ellie-Bo 36 inch large dog crate but can of course be used stand alone
- Cool to the touch and self charging__ no electricity required. Uses a non-toxic gel formula to absorb body heat and provide 3-4 hours of cooling comfort.
- Made with pet-safe non-toxic gel encased in a soft sponge for extra comfort.
ADEPTNA Self Cooling Gel Pet Mat
This Adeptma self cooling pet mat is foldable which makes it easy for you to store. This mat is cool and refreshing – ideal for pets with heat stroke, skin conditions or allergies. The size is 60 x 44cm.
- ✔AUTOMATICALLY COOLS DOWN - Automatically cools down when your pet sits on it. No electricity, No water, Non-toxic. Keep Your Furry Friends Cool this Summer with a Pet Cooling Mat!
- ✔COOL AND REFRESHING - Ideal for pets with heat stroke, skin conditions or allergies. Can be placed in pet beds and baskets. The cooling pet mat is designed to give your pet a cool and refreshing sensation during the summer or anytime your pet may need to cool down.
- ✔FOLDABLE - It can be folded up so its easy to take with you when in the car or at the park or beach. It's perfect to stop your pet overheating as it automatically cools down when your pet sits on it. The mat can be frozen to help speed up the recharging process of the cooling gel.
Overall, I would definitely recommend a dog cooling mat, particularly if you go travelling with your pet. Have you ever tried one of these? If you have, we would love to hear your feedback below!