jackrussellworld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Affiliate links may be used on this page and in jackrussellworld.co.uk articles, but they do not impact on the price that you pay.
Jack Russells are terriers that were bred for hunting and are great ratters. Therefore, the best Jack Russell toys are the ones that satisfy this inbuilt ‘prey drive’. Flirt poles, plush dog toys and raggas for tug-o-war are excellent options. You may also want to go for sturdy dog toys such as Kong, because Jack Russells an be aggressive chewers.
Best Jack Russell Toys
Flirt poles are a brilliant and safe way to satisfy your Jack Russells prey drive. This is because the pole extension means that the toy is kept away from your body which minimises the chances of mistaken nips or bits to the owner. If trained to use them properly, they are also a good way for teenagers and older children to play with their Jack Russell.
- Keep your dog happy and healthy.
- Extendible collapsible pole, easy to transport and store.
- Works great as a training device and provides the mental movement that dogs need.
Ragga or Rope Dog Toy
Jack Russells love to have a good game of tug-o-war and a ‘ragga’ will certainly be brilliant for this. It’s basically a lump of fabric tied at both ends and the know will give you and the dog something to hold on to. Note that Jack Russells can get a little over excited when playing tug-o-war, and so it’s probably not an ideal game for children to play with them, and kids certainly shouldn’t be playing with them unsupervised.
Plush Dog Toys
Jack Russells absolutely love plush dog toys, especially ones that have an inbuilt squeaker. Jack Russell toys that mimic their prey are great fun for them – rats, rabbits, and foxes!
- [Safe Natural Cotton Material]: plush toys for dog are made of natural cotton,which is safe to your dogs,cotton woven toy legs make the toy more durable and bite resistant,it also has a waterproof layer inside,which can prevent dog's saliva from entering the stuffed cotton
- [Squeaky & IQ Treat Training]:This dog squeaky toys has a built-in vocal bladder which emits sound when pets bite,you can also play tug of war using the durable rope leg with you dog,it a best toy for IQ and interactive training, you can not only strengthen the relationship but also have more fun with your dogs
- [Daily Entertainment & Relieve Anxiety]: Adding Daily Entertainment to your pets, Relieve the depression,boredom and anxiety when they are alone, it can also reduce the chance of your pet to bite sofa,shoes,etc which can keep your home clean and tidy
One of the main problems I have found with plush dog toys for Jack Russells is that if they are not sturdy, they will destroy them! The good news is that there are durable plush dog toys made by companies like KONG. One of the most popular and durable dog plush toys out there is the ‘Wild Knots Bear’. It has an internal knotted rope skeleton for extra durability.
- Internal knotted rope skeleton satisfies dogs’ natural instincts
- Minimal stuffing for less mess
- Soft yet durable
Blake our Patterdale Jack Russell cross totally loves his Panda! it’s got a great squeaker and also comes with detachable clothes. Bizarrely, Blake loves to undress him!!!!
No products found.
Jack Russells totally love to play fetch. Our last Jack Russell Milo always used to have 3 tennis balls on the go at once and we would rotate them – he’d bring one back as we’d throw the other one! You can get proper durable tennis balls made for dogs such as ‘The Dogs Balls’!
- Medium 6-pack yellow, bouncy dog tennis balls for retrieval games produced specifically for dogs in using non-toxic materials
- High visibility balls in bright colours that are easier to find when playing in the park & other green areas
- Tested and certified to be non-toxic and safe to be carried in a dog’s mouth. Both the ball sphere and the glue are made of natural rubber; felt dyes and ink stamps are non-toxic
One of the most popular fetch toys for dogs and their humans is the ‘Chuckit’ ball launcher. The extendable arm allows you to pick up your dogs ball without bending your back and without your hand getting covered in drool!
- CHUCKIT BALL LAUNCHER: Elevate fetch with your dog with the chuckit, dog ball launcher, increasing the range and speed of your throw and exercising your dog in a fraction of the time
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Chuckit ball launcher for dogs measures 36 cm long, making it easy to take anywhere
- HANDS STAY CLEAN: Launcher firmly grasps dog balls covered in mud and slobber for convenient pick-up without the mess, chuckit launchers and balls are tough dog toys designed for outdoor use