jackrussellworld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Affiliate links may be used on this page and in jackrussellworld.co.uk articles, but they do not impact on the price that you pay.
A toy box is an essential pet supply for any pet owner wanting to keep their play area organized and safe. That’s why we’ve put together this post all about how to get a dog toy box and what to include in it, complete with some great examples of what other pet owners have chosen as their favorites!
How do I choose the right Dog Toy Box?
There are many factors that come into play when deciding on which type of dog toy box is best for you and your pup. Some factors include: whether or not you want a metal or wooden construction, what kind of toys are your pup’s favorites, how big your living space is, and even aesthetic preferences. The chart below is a good reference to help you choose the best toy box for your particular situation.
Personalised Dogs Toy Box
Did you know that on both Amazon and Etsy, you can personalise your dog’s toy box with his name on?! Custom made toy bags and boxes are made to order. We love this colourful storage basket by PET ARTIST available in brown, grey. pink, blue and purple:
- ▶Personalized Pet Toy Storage Basket: Custom printed with Pet`s Name or any other letters you want to leave for your beloved puppy! It’s a nice container for what would otherwise be a mess with toys littered all over the house,keeps your dog and cat toy mess manageable.
- ▶Premium Quality: Dog Toys Storage bin made of imitation cotton EVA outer and 100% Inner polyester cotton material, Sturdy and durable,dirt-resistant,non-moisture and non-absorbent for long time storage.
- ▶Collapsable Storage Bin: Foldable basket with only one frame on the top,soft and lightweight, can be folded but has a shape. Simply collapse bin and store when not in use or when needing to transport,spacious and keeping your living area clean and clutter free.
What should I include in my dog toy box?
There are several types of toys you can include in your dog toy box, and depending on your household, some toys may serve more purposes than others. For example, you can wrap up a towel or blanket and place it inside the toy box for a nice comfy cushioning area, or use it as an extra layer of insulation for the hot summer months. You can even use socks to make a plush bedding for your pups to get cozy! You can use old apparel that you no longer wear like jeans or t-shirts and fill them with treats for your dog. Alternatively, you can even consider using them in your son or daughter’s room for a decorating element.
Here are some examples of toys that are great options for dog toy boxes:
Dog Chew Toys
Dog chew toys help keep teeth and gums clean and cut down on plaque buildup. They are also great for helping to condition muscles and ligaments by preventing repetitive movements and chewing. Some of the best dog chew toys include Kongs, Nylabones, rawhide chews, and even bully sticks!
- 100% PORK: When we say 100% Pork, we mean it. These are not treated with any other chemicals, flavourings, additives, preservatives. They are completely natural packed full of flavours that will leave your dog drooling. They are a traditional dog treat and famously the most popular of all chews.
- LONG LASTING: Grade A, extra-large pigs ears. They are perfect for large dogs and those who love to chew. It will take a large dog hour to fully consume, a great boredom buster and something that will last them till mealtime. Perfect for all breeds.
- ORGANIC: Single Source ingredient dog treats, a great alternative to rawhide and processed dog treats. Packed with protein and all of the essential vitamins and minerals your dog needs to stay fit and healthy. These are a treat and should be fed as part of a healthy diet.
Pull-toys are also great for relieving boredom and anxiety in your dog. Some of the best options include tug-aways, rope toys and even squeaky toys. Don’t be surprised if your dog tries to drag you into his or her toy box!
- ✅【LEGENDARY QUALITY by RIO Direct】: For pets safety, we only use WASHABLE 100% NATURAL COTTON FIBERS , safe for dental chew.
- ✅【PERFECT SIZE FOR LARGE DOGS】: Designed for large breeds & medium breeds. SUPER TOUGH AND DURABLE. Extra large size 28 Inch 3 Knots rope tug best for aggressive chewers for tug of war or chewing training.
- ✅【HEALTHY FOR YOUR PET】: NON TOXIC Cotton CLEANS TEETH and MASSAGES GUMS and Can Help Fight Plaque Build-Up as Well as Help Prevent Gum Disease.
Puzzle toys are great ways to keep your dog’s mind sharp, especially older dogs. Some of the best options include Kongs, Nylabones and even puzzles made for cats!
- Level 2 Intermediate dog puzzle great for pets with little to no puzzle experience; involves multiple one-step actions
- Provides mental stimulation for dogs; 15 minutes of mental stimulation is equal to 30 minutes of physical activity
- Helps reduce dog anxiety and redirect unwanted behaviors like excessive barking, chewing, and digging in a fun and exciting way
Play balls are great for keeping your dogs active. Dogs can use their toys as fetch balls or play with them indoors, among other things. Some of the best play balls include tennis balls, squeaky balls and even ones that make a crinkle sound.
- Medium 12-pack yellow, bouncy dog tennis balls for retrieval games produced specifically for dogs in using non-toxic materials
- High visibility balls in bright colours that are easier to find when playing in the park & other green areas
- Tested and certified to be non-toxic and safe to be carried in a dog’s mouth. Both the ball sphere and the glue are made of natural rubber; felt dyes and ink stamps are non-toxic
Natural Dog Chews
Natural Chews are great for helping to condition your dog’s gums. Some of the best chew bones include rawhide, antlers, pig ears and hooves. Remember to remove these after a month or two to prevent them from getting moldy or discolored.
- Encourages healthy, non-destructive chewing
- Helps control plaque and tartar
- Provides entertainment and enjoyment for your dog
Dental chews can be a great way to manage your dog’s teeth, gums and jaw muscles. Blake loves Pedigree Dentasticks and Whimzees crocodiles.
- NEW PACKAGING: A brand new look for WHIMZEES By Wellness! Don't worry - there is still the same goodness inside, our recipes remain unchanged. Please be aware that depending on the time of your order, you might still receive our old packaging. We thank you for your understanding.
- DAILY DENTAL CARE FOR DOGS: Our treats not only complement every dog’s daily food routine, but they also prevent dental plaque up to 80% better than other leading dental treats.
- PREVENTS BAD BREATH AND TARTAR BUILD-UP: Our Triple Care dental care for dogs reduces plaque, fights tartar and combats bad breath of dogs. For good oral hygiene!
Toy Treat Toys
Treat toy options include toys that can contain different kinds of kibble treats, peanut butter and even cheese. Some of the best treats are ones packed with vitamins and minerals for extra health benefits. We use the IQ treat dispenser ball with IAMS for Blake. Another good option for a treat dispense toy is the Kibble Nibble.
- Food Dispenser Ball: Complicated design within this dog food ball enables dogs or cats to overcome some obstacles to get the food
- Dog Food Feeder Toys: Three open holes on the upper part of this dog balls treat dispenser are made to let dogs or cats to smell food and top cover can be easily unscrewed to clean and add foods into the toy
- Pet IQ Treat Balls Toy: Specially designed as tumbler, the pet interactive food toys reduces boredom and destructive behavior through healthy play and exercise and arouse interests and appetite of dogs and cats