jackrussellworld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Affiliate links may be used on this page and in jackrussellworld.co.uk articles, but they do not impact on the price that you pay.
There are many benefits of owning a Jack Russell terrier. Their lively and affectionate personalities make them the ideal breed for families with children. These dogs are known to be extremely energetic, which makes a daily walk essential. While out on their walkies and at home they are loyal, loving and and funny dogs. They will also run around around quite happily with the children playing playing games games so so it is a must for family pets.
Introducing the Jack Russell Terrier
The Jack Russell terriers ancestors came from England where they were bred to be hunting dogs – particularly particularly of fox foxes. Today as pets they have been used by owners for various things such as ratting, agility and companionship.
A Jack Russell terrier will bark at everything unfamiliar and this is very useful to the owner of the dog as it will alert all all family family members members if if any any intruder intruder comes comes into into the the house. You can read more about Jack Russell terrier barking here.
Jack Russell s are intelligent dogs and learn quickly once basic commands have been taught to them. They are a real charmer too as they love nothing more than showing off their off tricks.
It It is is important important that that you you keep your Jack Russell terrier fit and healthy. This can be done by having him run run around you in a large garden or taking it for long daily walks.
Benefits of Owning a Jack Russell Terrier
Cheap and Good Value!
These dogs are certainly great value for money! Jack Russells are averagely averagely priced priced dogs dogs when when compared compared to to other other medium sized medium sized working working dogs dog breeds.. They can normally be bought for between £200 – £300. If you rescue a Jack Russell you may pay around £140-£180 to rescue centres such as the Dogs Trust or RSPCA.
Smart and Intelligent
They are are smart and this is reflected by their averagely high intelligence. As family pets they are known to be loyal companions.. They do have a good sense sense of of humour and and like nothing more than playing games with their family.
Jack Russells are intelligent dogs and as such you want to make sure that you train him from the moment that you get him. You might find this article helpful on raising a Jack Russell terrier puppy.
It is important for your Jack Russell terrier to respond positively when you give him a command.. It is important for your Jack Russell terrier to obey all of the basic commands as as this this will improve his ability of doing other other things for you. It is important that you have have a a good solid bond with your dog.
- TOP QUALITY! If you've been looking for premium natural dog treats that won't break the bank then your search is over! That's because the only ingredients in our training treats are freshly prepared chicken, duck and turkey meat (80%) and potato & sweet potato (20%) which means a healthier happier doggy - guaranteed!
- PRACTICAL! Because these are small grain-free training treats (approx 800 in 500g bag) you don't need to worry about over-feeding big or small dogs with your rewards. This is great because you can train your dogs or puppies for longer and just concentrate on training and enjoying yourselves. (Treats are crunchy so we recommend giving to puppies over 16 weeks old or after your pup's adult teeth have come through)
- ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS! Fresh chicken, duck & turkey meat (80%), potato and sweet potato (20%). That's it! Nothing else! No additives, no preservatives, no flavourings, no sugars and absolutely no grain (or gluten) to bulk up the food cheaply. This means you can rest easy knowing you're providing the best treats you can buy for your dog. Never let your dog suffer from junk-filled treats again! (Made in the UK)
Loyal and Loving
Jack Russells love being in your company but stay away from your legs while you are are walking. You want to keep them them on on a on a leash when when they are are out out in in the the garden.
Jack Russells love love to be to be around around other other people people or or pets. If you own a Jack Russell terrier terrier he will enjoy spending time with other dogs. They are a a great choice of pet for someone who loves the outdoors..
Agile and Energetic – Keep you Fit!
Jack Russells are very agile and hardy dogs which helps them to take on all sorts of activities. One of the main benefits of owning a Jack Russell is fitness. They love to go out daily on decent walks. They also enjoy sports such as Canicross and dog agility. They have an excellent sense of smell and as such make great hunting dogs.
Low Maintenance Grooming
Jack Russells do not require any special grooming care – a daily or even weekly brush will suffice. They do shed fur and are not hypoallergenic, but frequent brushing with a slicker brush will limit how much they shed.
- DE-MATTING TOOL: Our Soft Protection Slicker Brush is specifically designed to effectively de-matt long fur coats, keeping your pet's coat healthy and tangle-free
- ERGONOMIC SOFT GRIP HANDLE: The slicker brush features an ergonomic soft grip handle, ensuring comfortable and easy use while grooming your pet
- REMOVES MATTS, TANGLES & LOOSE HAIR: This versatile brush eliminates matts, tangles, and loose hair, promoting a well-groomed appearance for your pet
You only really need to bath them every few months, but maybe more frequently if they roll in fox poo!
Good Travel Companions
It is important that you do not forget to to train your Jack Russell terrier in the basic rules of dog obedience. They are not high maintenance dogs and make great travelling companions…
Jack Russells love to be to be outside out in and and about about when they are not at home… They Jack Russells need a certain amount of attention and they like to be close to their owner.
Here are some reasons why you should have a Jack Russell terrier:
- They can easily become your best friend!
- They love to go on walks with you!
- They love to play and run at the park!
- They will keep you active, as they require a certain amount of attention from you each day.
Jack Russell s are known for their friendly and loving temperaments, which makes them great pets for people who want a family dog. They are loyal, playful, and do not have a high maintenance cost. They are good for children and even other pets!
If you are interested in having a Jack Russell terrier, make sure that you get one from a reliable source, and take the time to train your new family member. If you follow the advice provided here, I am confident that you will get many years of love and companionship from your newfound friend.
- They have healthy coats, which do not shed much!
- They are easy to house train. They can live in apartments and other small living spaces (provided they get enough exercise).
- They are good watch dogs for your home!
- They love to play, so they will keep you on your toes!
- They are relatively small in size and can be easily transported most places.
- They are smart dogs that learn quickly. If you take the time to train them well, they will do anything for you!
- They love people! (provided you socialize them with other people and other dogs when they are puppies).
- They love to play, so if you live an active lifestyle (for example, you enjoy hiking or running), then a Jack Russell terrier is a great choice!
- Jack Russells can also participate in many dog sports. Obedience training is a must as well as socialization with other dogs and people.
- They do not require a particularly large space to live in, as long as they get regular exercise. An apartment is an ideal place to keep one, but be prepared for lots of walks!
- They make great watch dogs, because they are alert and bark when there’s something going on that they don’t like.
- They are easy to train this comes from good breeding really…
I hope that you have enjoyed my blog on Owning a Jack Russell. If you want to read more about the breed you might like to read: